Inbound marketing is used to attract business, convert prospects to customers, and close the opportunity. With the right methodology, your content will go to work for you:
- Attract business with
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): optimize your website for search engines with the right keywords, ensure that search engines understand the content on your pages, and earn links from outside sources.
- Content: Content with a purpose is the message your inbound strategy delivers.
- Blogs: easily and effectively draw prospects to your website with a blog.
- Social media: create an effective social media strategy, including social media monitoring, publishing, and reporting.
- Calls to action: engage prospects with enticing clicks.
- Landing pages and thank you pages: convert visitors into leads.
- Email: send the right email to the right person at the right time.
- Sales and marketing: use the available technology to align your marketing and sales team and maximize results.
- Sell process: create a relevant, personal, delightful experience. Inbound sales representatives support the buyer's needs and follow their timeline to leverage the buyer's context.
Content marketing is the intersection of storytelling and promotion to build an inbound marketing machine by:
- Focusing on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a defined audience, and ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.
- Telling your company's survival story.
- Generating content ideas and expanding on them.
- Building a content creation framework to identify campaigns, set timelines, and review and edit.
- Writing effectively.
- Extending the value of your content by repurposing and recycling content into different formats.
- Promoting content by spending 40% of your time creating content and 60% promoting it through distribution channels.
- Measuring and analyzing content with metrics and data points to see whether or not your initiatives are successful.
- Challenging the status quo with a growth marketing mindset.